Sunday, July 1, 2007

Evening Coachella done!

That was a fast knit. Started Thursday night and finished Saturday morning. Wet it, laid it to dry, and wore it out Saturday night. This is a really sexy knit. I knit the smallest size even though I am the 2nd smallest size because from washing my gauge swatch I knew this yarn loosened up a bit after washing. I'm glad I did this, otherwise the drape would have been too much for me. As it was my bra sometimes showed. I wore it with a strapless bra, and in fact sometimes you could see the top of the band in the back armholes area. I saw it in some of the pictures I took, and had to readjust things so it wouldn't show. I don't know what to do about this, as the armholes were already as tight as could comfortably be. I have to say that I don't really think this top works super well with a bra, only if the top sits just right and doesn't move around too much. Oh, I'd also do fewer increases towards the bottom, as it puckers there as it is now. Anyway, here it is: