Sunday, July 29, 2007


I finished up my coachella yesterday. High points: It fits great, the yarn is machine washable and dryable, its super comfortable. Low points: the back is shorter then the front so it has a tendency to ride up in the back, wick is so smooth it really shows any gauge irregularities.


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

uh oh!

The good news, I really like Wick, it is soft and springy. But other then that, it is mostly bad news. I started making a size M, but when I got to the trying on part, it was just too drape-y in the boobs, and it was loose enough in the rest of it that I decided to start over and make a S. In the process, I lost my newly purchased size 7 circ and had to run out and get a new one. The second in 5 days! But, I had a long plane ride and got pretty far along in the new smaller version. But, yesterday, when I tried it on, this is what I found:


If you look closely you will see that when I connected back to the front I had flipped it over so it is twisted around the neck. At least, if I am visualizing it correctly, I just have to rip back those 10 rows and reattach the front and back. But I think I will take a break from it for a few days. Because even in size S the front is still super low. Currently I am thinking it will still be wearable, because I am not ripping all the way back again, so it better be!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

well, everyone else may be finishing their coachellas, but i am just starting. my yarn arrived this weekend and i just finished my swatch. i broke a cardinal rule of swatching though, i swatched flat because just realized i don't have any size 9 circular needles! i will be off to joann's shortly to rectify that. in the meantime, here's a picture of my yarn.


Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Breaking the news: Coachella is in Istanbul now

and she is heading to Constanta-Romania.

It was a fast knit (2 days in which I burnt the food twice being so focussed to finish it asap) in S-size, no bust shaping. Soon I'll be leaving to my home town, Constanta in Romania and I am decided to put my Coachella in my luggage too.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007


After 3 rips and a couple of mods...

I'm quite pleased.

Yarn:Mission Falls 1824 Cotton , 5 balls, Colour 202

Needles: US #9&7 as called for in the pattern

Size: small

time to knit: 10 days, with 3 sessions of frogging included.

Mods: I did a 1x1 ribbing on the bottom. The twisted stockinette was too rigid for my taste. I added edging on the armholes as found here.

The back isn't uneven, I didn't realize (and neither did my volunteer photographer) that it was sitting funny when we did the shoot! I was just so excited to have it done.

Next time I might knit the next smallest size. Or possibly decrease a couple of stitches in the front. I really like the way the back is, the front is a little loose for my tastes. But it is definitely wearable and will be worn!

As a side note, I am wearing a convertible bra with the straps in "x" mode.


Old pictures

Finally, an old picture (and bad, too)! I am currently a few rows away from starting the waist shaping, so you can tell how old these are. I still love the fabric it's making and haven't yet put it on waste yarn to try on. I did do one round of short-row shaping. I am tempted already to head over to Michaels and grab some of the on-sale Cotton-ease I hear people raving about to make another. Ah well, hopefully new pictures soon, but for now, here at least you can get an idea of the color/yarn (FFF's Must ribbon yarn).

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Evening Coachella done!

That was a fast knit. Started Thursday night and finished Saturday morning. Wet it, laid it to dry, and wore it out Saturday night. This is a really sexy knit. I knit the smallest size even though I am the 2nd smallest size because from washing my gauge swatch I knew this yarn loosened up a bit after washing. I'm glad I did this, otherwise the drape would have been too much for me. As it was my bra sometimes showed. I wore it with a strapless bra, and in fact sometimes you could see the top of the band in the back armholes area. I saw it in some of the pictures I took, and had to readjust things so it wouldn't show. I don't know what to do about this, as the armholes were already as tight as could comfortably be. I have to say that I don't really think this top works super well with a bra, only if the top sits just right and doesn't move around too much. Oh, I'd also do fewer increases towards the bottom, as it puckers there as it is now. Anyway, here it is: